lincoln forums   lincoln forum

Lincoln Forum: Town Car EATC Self test
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    boundlr is offline Junior Member My Lincoln(s): 2007 TC Signature/ 1995 TC Signature
    Remove this ad
    Great Post, I had looked for this type info at the dealer but they say they don't have it. Thanks very much. However, I need info on the Test Points that are referenced in the FLM's and details on the Blend door actuactors, their locations and replacement procedures. Is this info available anywhere?

Thanks again

lloyd

boundlr is offline Junior Member My Lincoln(s): 2007 TC Signature/ 1995 TC Signature
    Forgot to ask about my codes and their formats. My self test displayed the following.

12 42 22 66 22 67 and then repeated. What do these tell me.

Thx

Lloyd

Town is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited

2003 and up EATC self test with pdf files

Attached are the 2007 Town Car EATC self test and cold boot procedures in pdf format. These should work for 2003 and up models of the Town Car.

Good luck.

Town is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited
    Quote Originally Posted by boundlr View Post
    Forgot to ask about my codes and their formats. My self test displayed the following.

12 42 22 66 22 67 and then repeated. What do these tell me.

Thx

Lloyd
    Sorry, I just saw your posts. The DTC are 4 digit codes: 1242 is a recirc door failure (up behind the glove box), 2266 is the driver side blend door failure (there is a thread dealing with this replacement in this forum), 2267 is the passenger side blend door actuator failure (Replacement procedure given in the same thread as the driver side actuator).

Quote Originally Posted by Town View Post
    The 1999 thru 2002 models use the same procedure for the self test.
    Attached is a pdf version of the 1999 thru 2002 EATC self test procedures.

Good luck.
    Attached Files Attached Files

You Magnificent Bastard!
    I am eternally in your debt. Thank you, SIR!

1999 Lincoln TC Sig Ser EATC Code 2416

Dear Town

I need your help.

1999 Lincoln TC Sig Ser EATC Code 2416
    Disc says recirc door short recirc door failure

Air temperature changes from cold to hot and hot to cold using the EATC Temp control.

Floor Tab on EATC: Air, either cold or hot, will route to floor only when pressing Floor Tab.

Defrost Front Tab on EATC: Air, either cold or hot, will route to Defrost only with pressing Defrost Front Tab on EATC.

Floor/Defrost Tab on EATC: Air, either cold or hot, will route to floor and defrost when Floor/Defrost Tab selected on EATC.

PROBLEM:

Panel Vent tab on EATC: Air, either cold or hot, will Not route through panel vent when pressing Panel Vent tab instead air, either cold or hot, routes through the front dash defrost when selecting Panel Vent tab on EATC.

Panel Vent /Floor tab on EATC: Air, either cold or hot, will route to front dash defrost and floor when selecting Panel Vent /Floor tab on EATC.

Problem exists no matter if in idle or in drive

Ran EATC self test: Displays code 24 followed by 16. And repeats. Looked up EATC Code 2416
    Disc says recirc door short recirc door failure. Action to take says go to DTC B2416.

Are recirc door and recirc door actuator synonymous?

Are the blend door vs blend door actuator two separate individual distinct parts on this 1999 Linc TC?

If possible, please direct me to where I can find the steps and the name of the parts needed in order to correct this problem EATC Code 2416 (recirc door short and recirc door failure).

Many thanks

Ein

Remove this ad
    Town

Found the correct thread. Thread: Town Car HVAC recirc door actuator replacement

1998 LTC recirc door actuator replacement.pdf

Sorry for the harassment

Thanks for all the info.

Ein