lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Direct Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Town Car | LS
Lincoln Forum: Clunking noise rear 2000 continental
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mark007 is offline Junior Member My Lincoln(s): 1990 Lincoln Mark VII

Dell monitors

Remove this ad
    so i\'ve been getting alot of email ads from dell. the ads werte for the refurbished ones, but a friend of mine said if he hadnt shelled out the 500 hundred for his sony he wouyld have taken a look at the ones that were sent in my email. so fast forward i decided to buy a 20.1 inch widescreen on saturday and they called to confirm my order yesterday and was sent out last nite and on my doorstep this afternoon. well after lookin at my friends i figured it was okay, but when i opened the box to this one\" oh my\". the screen is truely wide. booted it up and after a few messages about it not finding the keyboard or mouse, or hard drive i finally am able to see how the view is. all i can say is for those folks who post ungodly size pictures, i hgave no worries about having to move any slide bar. oh well just thougt i would post about buying what seems like a decent purchase for half of what my friend paid and getting it in widescreen. now to see how the gaming and viewing of movies and vids are.

laterz, Vic.:hyper:

jsev22 Guest

Dell monitors

Cool Vic...I\'ve been rocking a Dell 24\" widescreen for almost 2 years now, I could never go to somethiong smaller! Oh, I assumed you were talking about me and posting large pictures

Geordi Guest

Dell monitors

Hey wisearse, instead of just teasing us, how about posting a link to the ads / pics / prices of the screens?

I\'ve got 2 matching Sony screens right now, not widescreen, but VERY nice... And almost $1100 in the two of them. :dead:

Icarus Guest

Dell monitors

The WFP series Dell monitors are some of the nicest you can buy, especially for the price.
    I\'m running a Dell Trinitron (renamed Sony) 21\" CRT that rocks, but it is a lil deep My next upgrade will hopefully be a 2707WFP or 3007WFP if I can scrape up the money, lol...

jsev22 Guest

Dell monitors

[quote name=\'Icarus\']The WFP series Dell monitors are some of the nicest you can buy, especially for the price.
    I\'m running a Dell Trinitron (renamed Sony) 21\" CRT that rocks, but it is a lil deep My next upgrade will hopefully be a 2707WFP or 3007WFP if I can scrape up the money, lol...[/QUOTE]

Just a fyi, you will need a dual-link DVI graphics card ($$$) in order to use that 3007WFP.

Geordi Guest

Dell monitors

??? Wait, ONE monitor requires both inputs? WTF is this, a CircleVision360? :shocked:

68Stang Guest

Dell monitors

I\'m just running a gateway 19\" HD widescreen. Good enough for me... For now.

danistanggt Guest

Dell monitors

i have a dell (sony) trinitron.

jsev22 Guest

Dell monitors

[quote name=\'Geordi 90LSC\']??? Wait, ONE monitor requires both inputs? WTF is this, a CircleVision360? :shocked:[/QUOTE]

Not the same!

With a single DVI link, the largest resolution possible at 60Hz is 2.75 megapixels (including blanking interval). For practical purposes, this allows a maximum screen resoultion at 60Hz of 1854 x 1483 pixels (standard 1.25 ratio) or 2212 x 1243 (widescreen 1.77 ratio). The DVI connector therefore has provision for a second link, containing another set of red, green, and blue twisted pairs. When more bandwidth is required than is possible with a single link, the second link is enabled, and alternate pixels may be transmitted on each, allowing resolutions up to 4 megapixels at 60Hz. The DVI specification mandates a fixed single link cutoff point of 165MHz, where all display modes that require less than this must use single link mode, and all those that require more must switch to dual link mode. When both links are in use, the pixel rate on each may exceed 165MHz. The second link can also be used when more than 24 bits per pixel is required, in which case it carries the least significant bits.

Disney Lincoln Guest

Dell monitors

Remove this ad
    I have a 15\"monitor... BEAT THAT!!!!