lincoln forums   lincoln forum

Lincoln Forum: 2013 Lincoln MKZ
Page 70 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
    Remove this ad
    Got our MKZ Hybrid Reserve blk/blk, sunroof, tech package, and alum trim ordered yesterday morning. They let us use the Conquest cash $1k and also an X-Plan $750 rebate, however they did not let us combine the $750 private cash we got emailed to us Fri as well. They said that it conflicted with the Conquest cash, which we obviously know is not true since at least a couple of you were able to use both, but we still got a full $1750 in rebate/cash back still, plus X Plan pricing. Altogether about 10% discount from sticker, so we're happy with that.

Quote Originally Posted by glocklt4 View Post
    Got our MKZ Hybrid Reserve blk/blk, sunroof, tech package, and alum trim ordered yesterday morning. They let us use the Conquest cash $1k and also an X-Plan $750 rebate, however they did not let us combine the $750 private cash we got emailed to us Fri as well. They said that it conflicted with the Conquest cash, which we obviously know is not true since at least a couple of you were able to use both, but we still got a full $1750 in rebate/cash back still, plus X Plan pricing. Altogether about 10% discount from sticker, so we're happy with that.
    The private cash has been withdrawn for use with conquest. A few people have notice that they couldn't get the conquest as well as the mailed private $750 cash rebate. It's in one of the dealers rebate bulletin check saying you can't combine those.

Quote Originally Posted by Serraph View Post
    The private cash has been withdrawn for use with conquest. A few people have notice that they couldn't get the conquest as well as the mailed private $750 cash rebate. It's in one of the dealers rebate bulletin check saying you can't combine those.
    Ah, that makes sense. Oh well. If you guys get X-plan, you should ask about the $750 X plan rebate. We didn't know anything about it (and still don't know much) but good way to get the $750 rebate back.

Hi all, I am thinking about the no spare tire problem for the Z hybrid. Do they give a doughnut tire on the non hybrid models? If they do I will ask for a doughnut tire for my car,I would throw it in the trunk for long trips,just for the peace of mind. Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jimflutes View Post
    Hi all, I am thinking about the no spare tire problem for the Z hybrid. Do they give a doughnut tire on the non hybrid models? If they do I will ask for a doughnut tire for my car,I would throw it in the trunk for long trips,just for the peace of mind. Jim
    Ha. I wasn't even aware that it didn't have one! (of course after we order). Are the factory tires run-flats? The only cars I know of without a spare had run flats. Would certainly like to have a spare of some kind for long trips as you say.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimflutes View Post
    I've had 3 cars so far with full size spare tires. Never once did I have to use them on my long trips. I mean it's great to have them like insurance. The MKZ comes with a tire mobility kit, basically it's a sealant and a pump. One time use and plus you have I think 6yr road side service so there is some peace of mind there.

Hi, I posted this on another thread,but the Toyota Avalon hybrid (our direct competitor) does have the donut spare. Some how Toyota has gotten 14 cu. ft. for its Avalon hybrid trunk,while Lincoln has 11.1 cu ft. In any case the Z is a way better looking car,but now I am starting to read reports (Ford forums) of electrical problems with the Fusion hybrids and some MKZs. I am certainly not trying to bash Ford or Lincoln,but as a person who has one on order,I am trying to get at the truth of what is going on. So I would appreciate any feed back about this electric problem. Thank you, Jim

We traded in an '06 Toyota Avalon for the MKZ.Let me tell you.The new Avalon seats are a lot harder & less comfortable then the old Avalon seats.I agree with Motor Trend when they say they feel like you're sitting on bleacher seats.

The seats completely killed our interest in the new Avalon.The MKZ seats are very comfortable & supportive.

Quote Originally Posted by jjbklb View Post
    We traded in an '06 Toyota Avalon for the MKZ.Let me tell you.The new Avalon seats are a lot harder & less comfortable then the old Avalon seats.I agree with Motor Trend when they say they feel like you're sitting on bleacher seats.

The seats completely killed our interest in the new Avalon.The MKZ seats are very comfortable & supportive.
    The MKZ competes with the Lexus 300h, totally different class.

Not My Dad's '88 Town Car is offline Junior Member My Lincoln(s): 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Preferred Tux Black, Charcoal Black Interior
    Remove this ad
    The car showed up over two weeks early, and the dealer turned it around pretty quickly, just 24hrs later I drove it home. I picked it up last Thursday evening, and have since racked-up 1600 miles. It's unbelievable to me that it is a hybrid engine, given the sporty driving character. If it weren't for the CVT, as a passenger, you'd probably never know it's a hybrid.

I'm finding that my average MPG is steadily creeping higher. I'm not really changing my driving habits (which were certainly not "efficient"), except I do like the brake coach. I'm up to 35mpg as of today, and that includes a fair amount of accel pedal mashing every now and then, especially when the iPod finds some good tracks.

The MyLincoln Touch system does a lot well, but it is definitely not a product of the Germans, Japanese, or Apple. Nonetheless, the car is fantastic, and after being loyal to Hondas and Acuras for the last 15 years, I have to say that this vehicle has left me with no regrets at all. I'm thrilled with it.

So, with all the due praise above, here are the things I'd change for 2014 to help close the gap between the new Lincoln we believe in and the established luxury kings like Acura Audi etc.

It's not hard to "trip up" the MyLincoln Touch screens if you are adept at skipping around in them. I had to shut the car off and start it again one day while on the road and trying to change destinations on the navigation screen. It just locked up. As an electrical engineer, I know that means it software and hardware were never properly designed/implemented. On screen displays (except for nav) are as high tech looking as my Palm Pilot. The screens transition far too slowly.

The ergonomics for a 5'6" driver (and I presume a lot of others) aren't quite right. The pedals and steering wheel don't have the right relationship, and there's no good way to rest your arm on the driver's window sill or door arm rest while comfortably holding the wheel --- without your feet being jammed into the pedals. Plus, the window controls are then positioned too far forward for comfortable operation when the seating-wheel-pedal relationship is right on. This vehicle needs Ford's adjustable foot pedal feature badly, plus some extra travel in the power steering wheel adjustment.

The green indicators for "car in run mode" and "headlamps on" do not dim at night. They are really way too bright at night no matter the dash lighting intensity.

The trunk button to auto-close is not illuminated. Hard to find at night.

The LED cargo light in the trunk was thoughtfully placed deep within, but, when the trunk is open and there's stuff in the back of the trunk, there's no way to illuminate the stuff in the front of the trunk. Would be nice to have LED built into the inside of the trunk lid.

The Securicode keypad does not allow a trunk release (like the 5/6 button used to on the town car), and it sometimes, perhaps when wet, does not register the simultaneous 7/8 - 9/0 locking command.

Puddle lamps under the mirrors do not appear to be LED despite LED throughout the vehicle.

The yellow light for BLIS is fairly obscure.

When in adaptive cruise control mode, I'm surprised that there is no audible warning that the car is dropping speed as a prompt to change lanes. I found myself trailing a slow moving vehicle I caught up to, for miles, simply because I was maintaining a safe following distance, and not gaining on them, which would normally prompt me to change lanes and resume cruising speed.

The seat heaters are air-based and make a whooshing noise. Understandable for the cooled seats. It took me a day driving around wondering what that "seaside ocean waves crashing" sound was all about.

Wish the passenger mirror was auto dimming like the interior rearview and driver side mirrors

The driver side mirror and the rearview mirror could be more sensitive and also more darkly dimmed in response to lights from behind. Some manual offsets or control would be nice.

The sunglasses holder feels like it came out of a Geo Tracker. My '06 Accord's sunglasses holder feels like a Switch watch in comparison.

Wiper and turn stalks, and the steering wheel buttons, don't have that Swiss watch feel of a Honda or Acura.

The driver seat adjustment switches seem to activate unintended functions when not pressed gingerly for the desired function

Give the driver and passengers some better cushioned interior surfaces for resting arms on (i.e. center console lid and interior door panels)

Kudos
    Hybrid drivetrain and suspension are fantastic. What a tight, quiet, responsive, fun ride. Definitely not like a 3 series, but that's why I didn't buy one!

Very quiet interior, but would be nice if the Hybrid with the 19" wheels had the active noise cancellation feature the gasoline engines have

Design and Technology vs. price ratio is fantastic

Seats are super comfortable - better than the Volvo S60 I was test driving!

Nice to have
    Glass with embedded rain-x (like you can buy for your home and airplane and BMW)

More exciting interior and exterior color combinations, please

Give the Hybrid the same gauge cluster technology as the gasoline version - the Hybrid's is great, but looks a little dated and Ford-like

Why don't we have the trick trunk opening sensor like the Escape?

Get rid of the antenna (though I don't mind it) on the panoramic roof models

I'd love to see a re-make of the MKT into something like a Highlander for my bride. The MKC appears not to be designed for a third row, and I suspect the redesigned Navigator will be too big. I hear through the grapevine that MKS and MKT will carry on as fleet vehicles only, and a new full-size sedan (not halo car) slotted above the Z will be launched in 2015 (already in design now, I hear) and the X will probably be redesigned to be the Highlander-esque vehicle my family would prefer.

Hope you all are enjoying your '13 Z Hybrids as much as I am!